Henderson, Nevada 89052
Phone(s): (702) 777-2400
Fax: (702) 361-8134
This Rees Jones and Keith Evans' design tests your putter again and again. Its greens are full of rolling slopes you can see and subtle breaks you can stare at forever and never discover.
Rio Secco Golf Club is a course that will make you appreciate both the skill and feel required for great putting. Even if the results hijack your scorecard.
There are tough greens and then there are Rio Secco tough greens.
"They're very unforgiving," said 22-handicapper Macy Walsh, a veteran Las Vegas golfer. "It's got to be true or it won't fall."
Getting too focused on the greens discounts the scenery at Rio Secco though. And these views deserve your full attention. Rio Secco offers a full variety of great Vegas looks because six of its holes are built on plateaus, six occupy desert areas and six are laid out in steep canyons.
This is a residential community though.
"The houses aren't that intrusive on the front nine, but they start to become irritating on the back nine," TravelGolf.com National Editor Tim McDonald said. "On the 10th hole in particular, you may feel like you're part of the family."
- Rio Secco Offers Golfers an Amazing View
- Think you're a great putter? Try Rio Secco to find out
- Photo Gallery: Rio Secco Golf Club in Henderson, NV
- Challenging greens, T-Mates and Las Vegas Valley views make Rio Secco Golf Club shine
- Rio Secco Golf Club: Tiger's course record 64 is probably safe at this Las Vegas gem
- Gallery: Rio Secco Golf Club near Las Vegas
- Gallery: Rio Secco Golf Club
- Rio Secco Golf Club: Hang on for the golf ride of your life
- Gallery: Set in the foothills of the Black Mountain Range, Rio Secco Golf Club is one of the toughest courses in the Las Vegas area
- Gallery: Rio Secco Golf Club delivers the million-dollar shot -- and million-dollar views -- near Las Vegas
- Gallery: Lots to love about Rees Jones' Rio Secco Golf Club near Las Vegas
- Rees Jones' Rio Secco Golf Club in Las Vegas reopens following extensive renovation
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: Keith Evans, Rees Jones
- Public/Private: Resort
- Year opened: 1997
- Golf Season: Year round
- Guest Policy: With member only
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes - included in green fees
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: $69 - $159
- Weekends: $89 - $199
- Metal spikes allowed: No
- Dress code: The Dress Code is strictly enforced (collared shirts, no denim of any kind, no sweatshirts or warm up attire permitted)
- Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed
Length, slope and rating for each tee